Tuesday 29 April 2008

Bead me up scotty.

No, i am not a sci-fi maniac that beads while watching the TV.

I just adore beads though, beads on bags from Accessorize, beads on my necklace, beads on embroidered book jacket, beads on my alice band, beads and buttons on my jacket corsage, and beads on my mind. I can't stop thinking about beads today and how when my bathroom is tiled this weekend, that i want to push them between the grout and make it look like a huge patchwork tiled quilt.

The first time i came across heavily beaded things , sequins and bugle beads was Emilio Pucci, a man i adore. I think i was about 11 or 12 at the time, and i remember flicking through my Grandmothers Vogue magazine, which consisted of about 20 pages or so. Not like todays.







Above is a dress from the Pucci new collection, utterly sequin heaven!


Its not just the beading each print is unique, you can’t mistake a Pucci print. Since the late-1940s, when Italian skier (he used to go skiing every year and decided to start making printed ski suits) and he was an utter socialite, Marchese Emilio Pucci casually tried his hand at design, this label has been synonymous with bold, brightly colored graphic patterns with a kaleidoscopic, slightly psychedelic feel. Totally head ache inspiring and causing as I stare at them for hours.


No comments: